can't update background queue

egiblock

we have a process that is stuck in "Running" in our background queue, but it really isn't running.

when we try to update the record, it says it's locked.

any ideas?

darrenk

I would assume you have already tried to "Shutdown Queue" from the Queue Status screen in SL? If you have tried this already and the record is still locked I would try shutting down the db in the evening when no-one is using it and run the Crash Recovery utility on it. This will unlock all processes and records, etc.

I have done this before (shutdown, run Crash Recovery) with quick success. Depends on how quickly and easily you can shutdown the db. In a "pinch" I do not know how to fix this issue while the db is still live...

Darren

darrenk

Crash recovery handles issues regarding locked files and incomplete transactions due to system failure, power outages, etc.
Progress automatically backs out any incomplete transactions during this process - comparing it to existing symix.lk file.
Running this process on a regular basis will help speed up your Syteline performance.

Darren

TBone2342

how did you manage to fix the background queue stuck in running mode. i have the same one one and the crash utility didnt unlock the process

estanton

for each batchrpt exclusive-lock
where batchrpt.stat = "R":
display batchrpt with 1 col.
update batchrpt.stat.
end.