Appserver Pf file

anandknr

I am sure this is a simple query. Yet I am stuck on this .

I have my background process running from appserver. This process have the date format as "dmy". I need to change it to "mdy". But i could not find a pf file set for App server. So from where will it pick the -d param ? and how can i overrides this default value ?

anandknr

Hey I more quey..

I have a pf called startup.pf in the progress DLC path (assumes comes from installation) .
Is it here where all the default params are set ?

Stefan

We set SESSION:DATE-FORMAT (and SESSION:NUMERIC-FORMAT) based on user preferences stored in the database.

GregTomkins

Somewhere on your system you should have a file called ubroker.properties. This is the repository of almost everything to do with AppServer configuration. On Unix, it might be in a directory called /usr/dlc/properties (I think that's the default). In that file you will see this kind of thing or, if not, you can add it. If you want to do what Stefan suggested, which is better in some ways (can be varied based on DB settings or whatever), you could put that logic in the activate.p program, as defined below.

[UBroker.AS.appservername]
appserviceNameList=appservername
brokerLogFile=$WRKDIR/appservername.broker.log
controllingNameServer=NS1
defaultService=0
description=Some Progress AppServer
initialSrvrInstance=2
jvmArgs=-Xverbosegc1:file=$WRKDIR/gc/appservername.gc.log -Xms32m -Xmx128m -Xss512k
PROPATH=/usr/dlc/path-to-progress-files:${PROPATH}:${WRKDIR}
srvrActivateProc=activate.p
srvrConnectProc=connect.p
srvrStartupParam=-pf /u1/environment/server-params.pf