Error You may corrupt files or databases. (3624)

qadvietnam

Hi all,

I try to upgrade from QAD2007SE to QAD2013SE with double byte codepage (SHIFT-JIS)

The old env: RH Enterprise 4.5, Progress 10.0B05, eB2.1 Sp5, Netui2.5.3
The new env: Windows 2013, Progress 11.2.1, QAD2013SE, Netui2.9.6

All steps I did:
- Dump Database eb2.1sp5 (*.d and *.df) Linux (mfgprod and admprod) and copy to Windows
copy the *.st (mfgprod.st and admprod.st) file from Linux to Windows and edit the directory so match with Windows directory
- In the new Windows install Progress 11.2.1 and QAD2013SE
- Create empty database (using mfgprod.st that copied from Linux) using Progress 11.2.1 and Load *.df and *.d from Linux.
- Create empty admprod (using admprod.st that copied from Linux ) database using Progress 11.2.1 and Load *.df and *.d from Linux
- I do all stepps successful, I can startup all DBs already. But I try to connect CHRUI it say error msg
xXDIJeT.png

Does anyone pls give us expert advices.

Thanks,
QAD Vietnam

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
From the KB:

Getting error 3624 running _progres.exe on windows

Environment Windows
Progress 9.x
OpenEdge 10.x

Question/Problem Description
Getting error 3624 running character client on windows
DO NOT CONTINUE Character set <gb2312> requires DBE PROGRESS. You may corrupt files or the database(3624).

Clarifying Information

Error Message

Defect/Enhancement Number

Cause
The Windows 4GL/ABL character client (_progres.exe) is not fully double-byte enabled. The missing DBE component for the Windows 4GL/ABL character client is the UI handling for display, frame overlap, etc. The error 3624 message refers to this limitation. The internal logical for character handling & processing and data accessing includes the DBE components. The Windows character client will produce correct results with double-byte enabled character sets as long as the program being run does not use any of the UI elements.

The UNIX character client is fully double-byte enabled.

Resolution
Both the Windows GUI client and the UNIX character clients are fully double-byte enabled. Switch to one of these clients if possible for DBE environments. Otherwise, use the Window character client only for code that does not have a user interface component.

Workaround

Notes
Windows batch clients and WebSpeed clients are fully double-byte enabled. Error 3624 is not generated by either of these clients.

Attachment

qadvietnam

Cringer,

Thanks for your expert advices,
Now I try to convert ISO8891 to SHIFT-JIS, in which Language add-in can I download it for installation?
Other, I can not see your attached in previous post.

Thanks

Cringer

Staff member
The "Attachment" is just one of the standard headings in the knowledgebase. I can't help with your other query. Sorry.

qadvietnam

Resolution
Both the Windows GUI client and the UNIX character clients are fully double-byte enabled. Switch to one of these clients if possible for DBE environments. Otherwise, use the Window character client only for code that does not have a user interface component.

Workaround

Notes
Windows batch clients and WebSpeed clients are fully double-byte enabled. Error 3624 is not generated by either of these clients.

Hi,
How can I do solve the issue for your resolution?
Pls guide us.
thanks

Cringer

Staff member
As it says in the article - don't use character client, or don't use a DBE code page. Other than that I have no idea. I'm just relaying what the knowledgebase says.