WSA multi-service deployment

Tarby777

Hi all,

I have a web app that uses the WSA (10.2B) for its database calls. So far, the app has been running against a demo database but now I want to deploy against a live database as well, using the same Tomcat instance. I still want some users to run against the demo database, so I can't just change the database connection that the Appserver is using.

I've created a new Appserver to serve the clients of the live database, but I'm unsure of the optimal way to configure the WSA... I have initially deployed another service to the same WSA instance (wsa1), but I wonder whether creating a whole new WSA instance (wsa2) and deploying the live service there instead might be better. Any ideas?

I remember initially configuring the WSA instance in Tomcat by dropping the $DLC/servlets/wsa folder into $TOMCAT/webapps. If I need to set up a wsa2 without messing with the existing wsa1, how do I go about creating it?

I'm also a little unsure of the relationship between the default.props file and the <service name>.props file in the webapps/wsa/wsa1 folder... is it the case that for a given service, the values in default.props are only used for any properties that aren't defined in <service name>.props?

TIA
Tarby