wrapper

I have a program that I want to modify, but the code is encrypted. So I created a wrapper program to respond to activities in the program. Not a problem. However, I want to use this wrapper to disable a field (prod_rate) that is used in the base program to perform a different calculation than what I want to occur. The problem is that the field in question is a variable in the encrypted code. I am unsure how to do this. I can provide code, if necessary. Any suggestions?

I have gotten this far:
ON ENTRY ANYWHERE DO:
if frame-name = a and frame-field = "prod_rate" then do:
disable frame-field (does not work).
end.
end.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Disabling it after you have entered it seems kind of circular and unlikely to work.

I would think that what you really need to do is to “walk the widget tree”, find the field, and disable it, *before* you enter it.

Agreed.
Taking that tack. If I disable it on go of the frame I still face the problem of disabling a field that is a variable in the encrypted program. Any ideas on that point?

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
ENTRY of the FRAME makes more sense than GO… other frame level events might be even more appropriate.

But that just makes it so that your user cannot enter data into the field. The program itself can still use the variable and do things like assign values to it based on whatever opaque logic might apply. To deal with that you might need an ASSIGN trigger.

The xcode part of things is annoying but you can use clear text sample code to experiment with and post samples.