Working with Instant Messaging tools

Zadock

Hi All,

I have a web-based application and it has a menu where end-users can submit queries. I want to be able to achieve the following whenever a user submits a query:

1) Be able to identify a connected (online) user by their User Ids

2) If a user is currently connected, I want to be able to send an instant message to the user. The instant message can be as an SMS to the user's mobile phone number, or simply as a text on the chat text box of the application.

Thanks in advance.

Rodrigo RUbio

Hi All,

I have a web-based application and it has a menu where end-users can submit queries. I want to be able to achieve the following whenever a user submits a query:

1) Be able to identify a connected (online) user by their User Ids

2) If a user is currently connected, I want to be able to send an instant message to the user. The instant message can be as an SMS to the user's mobile phone number, or simply as a text on the chat text box of the application.

Thanks in advance.
Hi Zadock,

If the users is able to submit a query/action then the user must be logged in.... right? if so then all you need to do is fire off an SMS via a web portal (google there are plenty) or have an sms gateway via mobile phone on a pc (again plenty of solutions out there). If you're looking for an instant message on the browser, then you can achieve this with "PUSH" notifications and jQuery.

Rodrigo

Zadock

Hi Zadock,

If the users is able to submit a query/action then the user must be logged in.... right? if so then all you need to do is fire off an SMS via a web portal (google there are plenty) or have an sms gateway via mobile phone on a pc (again plenty of solutions out there). If you're looking for an instant message on the browser, then you can achieve this with "PUSH" notifications and jQuery.

Rodrigo

Hi Rodrigo,

Many thanks. I will work on your suggestions and if not clear, I will get back to you.

Kudos!

Zadock