Window restore problem

BrianSmith

I have a main parent window that can have many children. When I click on the minimize button located in the top right of the parent window, all windows are proplerly minimized. And when I click on the icon at the bottom of the screen to restore the window, all windows are restored proplerly, ususally. Occassionally, on a very random basis, when I restore the parent, the children are not restored. If I then minimize the parent again and restore again, the children appear. I've determined that the WINDOW-RESTORE trigger of the main parent window is not being fired when this happens. Also, the WINDOW-STATE of the parent window is MINIMIZED, even though the parent is visibly restored, just no children. What would cause the WINDOW-RESTORE trigger to randomly not fire?
Thanks

??? Psc ???

Greetings,

This is hard to do without a visual, though here are some thoughts. What version PSC are you running? If > V9 + you can use the Publish +Subscribe mecanism for a work around.
Regards

BrianSmith

I am using V9, but how could I use publish/subscribe to work around this problem when the window-restore trigger is not firing?

Your src SHOULD technically work.
However you can use workarounds. Try using a different user-defined trigger with flag vars. ON WINDOW:MINIMISE / ON WINDOW:CLOSE .. Get the jist??
Look to see the attributes / events of a window and select an appropriate work around.

Band Wagin

Brian,
HOW DO YOU KNOW you require the Publish + Subscribe mecanism? Just because you are using V9, DOES NOT mean you HAVE to use this mecanism just because it is avail.