Which is the quickest way to blow up 64 million records?

rrojo7229

Hi,

Could you tell me please, which is the quickest way to blow up a table which has around 64 million records?

- Delete table or make a delete by record - (using for each) with -i (Crash Recovery option DISABLED) in the proserve?

Regards,

taqvia

does this table exists in seperate area if yes then best way is to truncate the area.

drop the entire table abd recreate it but it will require a compilation as CRC will change.

for each <table>:
delete table.
end. will be fast enough and also the bi size will also not grow as transaction scope will be for 1 record at a time.

Arshad

rrojo7229

Hi,

No, this table is not a separate area, it is in the same area where all the tables are: "Schema Area".

Kind regards,

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Now you have another good reason for moving it to a separate area!

The for each approach is going to be the slowest, but have the least bi impact. Bundle in sets of 100 to speed it up.

taqvia

I just remember that once i dropped entire table without having the system to be compiled.

take the df of the table with crc option checked for r-code compatibility.
rename the existing table to x-table.
load the df it will have the same structure and r code compatibility. you can start your application with zero records in it.

Now you have ample time to get rid of x-table without any downtime as Thomas suggested have a tran block of 100 and delete it.