Question What does business-object mean ?

Mady

Hi All,

How to find where exactly this OE-Header-Create code block is ? When I display business-object("OE Entry Trans Hdr") - It just gives a number 1006.
Code:
FUNCTION business-object returns handle
  ( input cFunction AS CHARACTER) :

FIND FIRST Object-pool WHERE
       Object-pool.Transaction-name = cFunction
       NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.

IF NOT AVAILABLE Object-pool THEN
        FIND FIRST Object-pool WHERE
                    Object-pool.Transaction-file = cFunction
        NO-LOCK NO-ERROR.  

if not avail Object-pool then
        return ?.

IF VALID-HANDLE (Object-pool.h_Proxy) THEN
         RETURN Object-pool.h_Proxy.
    else
         return ?.                  

end function.

=========================================

run OE-Header-Create in business-object("OE Entry Trans Hdr")
        (input-output table t-oehdr) no-error.

Last edited by a moderator:

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
If you have some sort of development tool or IDE then that would be the first place to be looking for where a bit of code resides. For instance, in PDSOE you would probably want to be using the object browser. I might be naive but I would expect that to be covered in the first few minutes of training a new developer.

Otherwise you could resort to using grep (Unix) or FINDSTR (Windows) but that assumes that all of the code is on your local disk, none of it has been encrypted, and that it is organized to support such searches.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
The number you're getting is the integer value of the handle. As Tom says, I would search the code base for other examples of where this is used and use that to work out what to do with the handle.
You seem to be asking some very basic application specific questions here that we cannot help you with as we have no knowledge of your specific application. That is what your colleagues are for.