Webspeed on trial version of Progress 4gl

kushalbhatia169

Hello can someone tell me how can I setup webspeed on progress 4gl 60 days trial version for a practice purpose? I tried so much but found no way to set up in trial version. Any online environment anything in which I can practice? Thanks in advance for your help and support guys...

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
Why are you trying to learn Webspeed? AFAIK it's basically obsolete.

Cringer

Staff member
Surely someone can then help you set it up, and provide you with a real license?

kushalbhatia169

Surely someone can then help you set it up, and provide you with a real license?
They can provide but because of lockdown I can't go to my office, I'm stuck so they are also worried how to give me access because I'm new there so I'm trying to solve this myself

Cringer

Staff member
Well, in terms of setup, I'm pretty sure a telephone call or some email instructions would help.
I'm not trying to be clever, but the thing is, there's no point someone telling you to set things up in a particular way only for you to then find it doesn't match the company setup.

kushalbhatia169

Well, in terms of setup, I'm pretty sure a telephone call or some email instructions would help.
I'm not trying to be clever, but the thing is, there's no point someone telling you to set things up in a particular way only for you to then find it doesn't match the company setup.
you are not understanding they can't provide me set up on my personal pc. and right now, I can't go to the office to get a laptop. so, I want to set up web speed on my pc they are also worried about how to give access in my personal pc every company has its policy. That's why I asked this question. I hope now you understand.

RealHeavyDude

Totally understand your situation. The company I work for has the same issue with part of the work force in several countries forced to stay at home due to the lockdown.

As far as I know Progress provides a classroom edition of the development environment. But they only provide it for the latest version - which is some version of OpenEdge 12. Since OpenEdge 12 does not include the classic AppServer anymore ( which includes WebSpeed ), you would need to get a trial version or classroom edition of OpenEdge 11.

Don't know whether you can get that from Progress.