Answered WebSpeed Licence

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
i have a customer who has the 11.7 “Application Server” license. Does that include WebSpeed or is it just AppServer

Last edited:

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
There is no separate WebSpeed deployment product license in 11.x and below. The OpenEdge App Server products provide WebSpeed functionality. There are two versions of it, Enterprise and Basic.

Additionally, there is a Windows-only product called WebSpeed Workshop, which is a development license.

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
Just found out the hard way that not all "OE Application Server Enterprise" licences are the same.
I developed a new solution to use PASOE. When deploying the customers test site, I was unable to get the PASOE Instance to run.

I'm having to now re-write my code to use the classic AppServer & WebSpeed.
I'm not sure if it's possible upgrade the "OE Application Server Enterprise" licence to include PASOE at no extra charge, since PSC is wanting to depricate the classic AppServer and WebSpeed.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
PASOE (Progress Application Server for OpenEdge) is a completely different product from the older App Server. It is based on the Tomcat Java servlet engine. PASOE was designed to replace App Server. It first appeared in OE 11.5. The last release where App Server was available is 11.7.

In my experience, clients that move to PASOE can trade in their App Server licenses for PASOE licenses. The terms might vary based on the license models involved.