Webspeed is stuck?

r4nj

Hi,

Im a web developer who is well used to working with php. I have recently been asked to use webspeed for a project at work. I have only had any real experience with php so i was shocked at the lack of web style functions that are missing.\

Maybe it is just me, we are using eScript - im not sure if anyone has heard of it?

Can anyone point me in the direction of some code for mainly arrays and session control?

Also does anyone know where i can get a book on webspeed/e-Script?

Thanks

Ranj

jkrendal

Hi,

I too have run into the same lack of resources. You may want to check out this book which seems to have been recently released. Its truly the first book I've even heard of that is about developing with webspeed. It looks good though.

http://www.innov8cs.com/products_books.asp

As far as working with arrays in Progress I havent found very many examples myself. Most folks here will direct you to their knowledge base which is pretty generic compared to what your looking for such as something for the webspeed devlopment community like phpbuilder.com or weberdev.com

Marian EDU

Hi

Have you considered using PHP to access the Progress database since you must be more experienced in that area?

I’ve just released a simple API interface to ganimede for PHP that have most of the functionalities of the MySQL interface – you’ll still use PHP for development and access the Progress database through ganimede broker.

API interface documentation can be found on SourceForge site: http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/ganimede/api.pdf?download

Best regards,

Marian Edu

p.s.
arrays in progress 4GL doesn’t exist, the closes thing I think that will be a temp-table.

Marian EDU

Yeah, at least promising I’ll say :awink: ... You can use PHP as usual, no need to have any progress products installed on web-server and the performances are far better that the ODBC equivalent.

It’s just that the full API interface isn’t available on open-source version of ganimede from SourceForge... you’ll need the “plus” version from share*it... have to get something back as I’ve put a lot of time in that project till now :).

marian