Question WebSpeed Agent not showing a BATCH (_Connect._Connect-Batch)

Cecil

19+ years progress programming and still learning.
OpenEdge 11.7.2 64Bit

Simple query of the VST table to show a list of connections:
Code:
FOR EACH _Connect NO-LOCK
WHERE _Connect-Usr NE ? :

DISPLAY
     _Connect._Connect-Id
     _Connect._Connect-Type 
     _Connect._Connect-ClientType
     _Connect._Connect-Batch.

END.

Outputted Result:
1541017866223.png

My question is: Why does the WebSpeed Transaction Agent (SELF/WTA) not show as being a 'Batch User' when the WebSpeed Transaction Agent runs in batch mode (SESSION:BATCH-MODE).

Is 'Batch User' and 'Batch Mode' not one of the same thing?

Thanks in advance.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
I've no idea what the intent behind the field is but _connect-batch is not usually very useful. To determine if a session is a batch session in the sense that normal human beings might understand ProTop uses:

if _Connect-device = "batch" or _connect-batch = "yes" then ...

Cecil

I've no idea what the intent behind the field is but _connect-batch is not usually very useful. To determine if a session is a batch session in the sense that normal human beings might understand ProTop uses:

if _Connect-device = "batch" or _connect-batch = "yes" then ...

Thanks, Tom for your quick response. The title of this thread must have worked.
So, out of curiosity would expect to see a WebSpeed Transaction Agent (SELF/WTA) as showing as "Batch" under the ProTop? Or, is a WTA not strictly a Batch connected session? The answer to your question is about licensing, which is something I hate having to deal with.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
For ProTop's purposes a connection is counted as "batch" if:
Code:
   if ( _Connect-device = "batch" or _Connect-batch = "yes" ) and
       ( lookup( _Connect-type, "SELF,REMC" ) > 0 ) then
      do:

if hasCnxClient = false then
          tt_Dashboard.con_batch = tt_Dashboard.con_batch + 1.
         else   
          do:
            assign
              cnx_bh  = buffer _Connect:handle
              cnx_bf1 = cnx_bh:buffer-field( "_Connect-ClientType" )
            no-error.
            if cnx_bf1 <> ? and cnx_bf1:buffer-value = "ABL" then tt_Dashboard.con_batch = tt_Dashboard.con_batch + 1.
          end.
So it sort of depends on how old a release you have ;)

Webspeed agents are counted if you have a release that supports _Connect-ClientType = "WTA".

Licensing requires knowledge of the license model(s) in use and cannot be done purely by looking at _Connect. You can sometimes make some broad statements looking at _Connect that might point you in the right direction but if you are being audited (or are doing a self-audit just in case) then there is a lot to it and I strongly suggest you invest in some help. Yes, I know that is tooting our horn -- but we have saved clients literally millions of dollars. Generally the earlier you get help in those situations the better but up until you agree with the SAM team's findings and write a check we can probably help.

Cecil

Thanks, Tom. Duly noted. I am not going to get involved in this too much.