Web Service & HTTPS

kirsch59

I'm using WebSpeed 10.1C

I was able to consume a web service and call a variety of methods using HTTP. The ISP has migrated the web service over to HTTPS.

I tried using bprowsdldoc -show100style https: //XXXXX and received errors:

Secure Socket Layer (SSL) failure. error code <err_number>: <ssl_error_message> (9318)
An error occurred processing an SSL API request. This could be
a general TCP network error or an error processing the validation
of the digital certificate.

Connection failure for host <host_name> port <port> transport <transport_name>. (9407)
Either an attempt to connect to the specified service at the specified host using the specified transport failed, or the connection was abnormally terminated after the connection was established. This might be due to unavailable networking resources at the local host or at the remote host, or it might be due to a failure of the process to which a connection was established. See subsequent error messages for more details on the context in which this error occurred.
Error loading WSDL document (11748)
An error occured while loading a WSDL document. The name of the WSDL document and the detailed error information is appended. Correct the error condition and reload the WSDL document.
When I changed the connection string from HTTP to HTTPS with the old endpoints I could not connect.
I can connect using HTTP but all the method calls fail with the error message: Error sending Web Service Request: Fatal Error: Can't locate remote host (11767)

What changes do I have to make to my code to support HTTPS?

kirsch59

I tried the knowledge base solution and I received an error when trying to download the certificate which I would then manually input into OpenEdge.

I tried

sslc s_client -connect hostname:443 -showcerts > certs.out using

proenv>sslc s_client -connect www.newlondontape.com:443 -showcerts > certs.out
Loading 'screen' into random state - done
depth=1 /C=US/O=Thawte, Inc./OU=Domain Validated SSL/CN=Thawte DV SSL CA
verify error:num=20:unable to get local issuer certificate
verify return:0
read:errno=10054

Is this a fatal error? cert.out contained two certificates.