v9.1c - SDO & Query Updates

RonMoffat

RE: SDO, ADDQUERYWHERE, GETQUERYWHERE, GETQUERYSTRING

I need some clarification/help regarding the runtime setting/resetting of a query on an SDO which is accessed for a Smart Browser panel which contains 3 radio-set widgets which are used to define the query.

ISSUE 1)
In most code examples, the commands like ADDQUERYWHERE are placed in the Smart Viewer/Smart Browse/Smart Window.
Is there any reason why the commands should not be located in the SDO, with the widgets on the Smart Browse communicating with the SDO via a PUBLISH/SUBSCRIBE link???

ISSUE 2)
I have placed the commands in the SDO, and after initial success I'm coming against new issues.
I am having problems with the ADDQUERYWHERE statement not having the required effect...
I have placed commands in the code to retrieve and display the results of the GETQUERYWHERE and GETQUERYSTRING functions in the SDO, and the output is as follows:
--The GETQUERYSTRING is being updated as expected.
--The GETQUERYWHERE is not being updated by the ADDQUERYWHERE statements.
Since the results of the ADDQUERYWHERE statement is used in the OPENQUERY procedure, the query is opening up with no application of the required Where clause.

I have had other problems with the DB Required tick box on the App Builder, and this might be linked.

Any suggestions/solutions would be most welcome!!!

Regards,
Ron Moffat

MSilva

If your db-required tick is true, your code won't be compile at the client side , the best approach is keep it false.

About ADDQUERY ,SETQUERY, blabla... Have you tried to use
SETQUERYWHERE in SDO and after that execute OPENQUERY?

Just my 1 cent...

Good Luck

MSilva