Useful MFG/PRO applications for a Purchase Ledger Clerk

danielson

Hi everyone

With no previous MFG/PRO experience, I have recently started a job of Purchase Ledger Clerk in a larger manufacturing business with over 1,000 employees.

From my beginner's point of view, MFG/PRO is quite a tough package that lets you struggle to find quickly information that you need to process invoices or make voucher or remittance inquiries.

One application enables you to browse in lines that combine, for particular purchase orders, the receivers with related item quantities and packing slip numbers, but you can't learn the supplier's codes there, and the prices of particular items either. Another application helps you find unvouchered receipts for a particular supplier, but you need to know the supplier's code to proceed. Apart from that, I have learnt about the possiblity to find account codes for a particular order, a voucher for a particular receiver, purchase orders for a particular supplier; I can also find details of particular purchase orders, make voucher or supplier activity inquiries or tell the break-down of BACS payments according to invoices and credit/debit notes covered.

Please can anyone recommend me any less known MFG/PRO applications that might be also useful for Purchase Lever Clerks and make their job easier? Thank you very much in advance for any useful tips.

danielson

What version and interface are you using?

The version is QAD Enterprise Applications 2010.1. Regarding the interface, I am not sure how to identify it. Is there any easy way (apart from asking some IT person) to find out, whether it is e.g. QAD.NET or QXtend?