update field in sdo with sdv connected to another sdo

girlene

hi,

i have a smart window with 2 sdo (header data & detail data), 2 sdb and 2 sdv. my header data is connected through a sdoH, sdbH and sdvH, and updatable, while my detail data is connected through a sdoD, sdbD and sdvD and also updatable.

in my header data (sdoH), there's a field named updatedDate which i want it to automatically updated (assign as today) when i made a change on both my header & my detail data.

i've used orverride procedure CollectChanges on my sdvH to update this updatedDate on my headerData and it work well.
but when i try to call that procedure in my CollectChanges in sdvD, it doesn't work. here is my code in CollectChanges sdvD (vhads is my handle for sdoH) :
Code:
RUN collectChanges in vhads ( INPUT-OUTPUT pcChanges, INPUT-OUTPUT pcInfo ).
my collectchanges proc in sdvH:
Code:
PROCEDURE collectChanges :
  DEFINE INPUT-OUTPUT PARAMETER pcChanges AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.
  DEFINE INPUT-OUTPUT PARAMETER pcInfo    AS CHARACTER NO-UNDO.

RUN SUPER( INPUT-OUTPUT pcChanges, INPUT-OUTPUT pcInfo).
  pcChanges = pcChanges + CHR(1) + "daUpdDate" + CHR(1)  + string(TODAY).
END PROCEDURE.

is it possible to update a field in sdo with a sdv that connected to another sdo?
or is there any other ways to do this?

thx a lot for helping me..

-lene-

lord_icon

:eek:
Greetings indeed you can. Progeress / OpenEdge is not interested in other links supplied to. The SDV has a data src link (directly to the DB) it is NOT interested in the other links just the data src. The tableIO link sends data fom the SDO back to update the DB.
This is basic ADM2 principles. Look into SmartLinks, hope this helps you.
:eek::eek::eek: