Uninstalling OpenEdge 10.B

Good afternoon,

I am trying to uninstall OpenEdge 10.B and I get the error in the attached image. Progresserror.GIF

I already stopped Admin Service for OpenEdge 10.2B and _mprosrv.exe is not listed in the processes in Task Manager.

Please assist.

Regards,
Renee

Stefan

Re: Uninstalling OpenEdge 10.2B

Stopping the AdminService will stop AppServers, WebSpeed agents and NameServers but will not attempt to stop any databases.

Set AdminService to manual startup or disabled and rebooting the machine always works.

Maybe you have 'shows processes from all users' disabled when viewing the processes in the task manager?

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor

As a better alternative to Task Manager, download Process Explorer from Sysinternals and view your process list with that. You can also use the handle search function to see if some currently-running process has a handle to the file (_mprosrv.exe).

For me Process Explorer is an indispensable tool on Windows client and server machines.

Stefan

As a better alternative to Task Manager, download Process Explorer from Sysinternals and view your process list with that. You can also use the handle search function to see if some currently-running process has a handle to the file (_mprosrv.exe).

For me Process Explorer is an indispensable tool on Windows client and server machines.

I was quite a fan of Process Explorer until it repeatedly blue screen of deathed several win 2003 (virtual) servers. This was always when the machine had already partially run out of control and I needed to find out which WebSpeed / AppServer was causing havoc and was using the handle search function.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor

Well, PE does use a kernel driver so a blue-screen is a possibility. I've seen the handle search in particular run slowly, but I've never blue-screened using PE. Do you know which version that was?

Stefan

Well, PE does use a kernel driver so a blue-screen is a possibility. I've seen the handle search in particular run slowly, but I've never blue-screened using PE. Do you know which version that was?

Various versions, I usually used a shortcut to get the latest directly from the FTP site. But I have not used it for over a year, a colleague accidentally used it, not sure which version, about a month ago resulting in the virtual server bsod'ing requiring system support to give the virtual machine a kick. In that case I prefer a reboot...

Hi All,

Stefan was right. I didn't have 'shows processes from all users' enabled. I have another issue. During the installation I got the attached error. I looked on the progress site for Supplemental PROMSGS for version 9.1E. I was only able to find for OpenEdge. Any assistance is appreciated.

promsgsError.jpg