Un-networked item -- error when starting 10.2b server

ArthurFink

A customer of mine is trying to start a 102b server on Windows 7 with Progress Explorer.

He gets a message with title: "Un-networked Item" and text: "The item you requested to start is not networked. If you preceed, hciDB will be started, but will have no communication with the admin server". The admin server will not know if it is running or not

Clicking on that db in explorer does say that the db is running.

However, when my customer tries to connect a client he gets error 1720, "Unable to attach shared memory ..., error 0". (1720)

I assume the second error is related to the first, but what's going on here, and what's the right action to take?

Arthur Fink

RealHeavyDude

By any chance - is the TCP port / service missing in the definition of the database's servergroup?

Regards, RealHeavyDude.

RealHeavyDude

I only saw this error occur when the port/service name for the database broker was not specified in the conmngr.properties (Progress Explorer) and the database was started with the AdminServer.

Another guess: The AdminServer uses a specific port to talk to the database (-adminport). KB P104080 shows what the default ports in different versions are.

KB P53238 talks about personal database license which does not allow to register the database broker as a TCP service to be connective from a remote host ...

HTH, RealHeavyDude.