Trying Progress Tutorial

stufine

I am trying to use the Progress Tutorial, in Tutorial for Windows and under EXAMPLE PROCEDURES it tells me to load the example files. The directions are as follows:

Accessing Files in Procedure Libraries
Documentation examples are stored in procedure libraries, prodoc.pl and prohelp.pl, in the src directory where Progress is installed.

You must first create all subdirectories required by a library before attempting to extract files from the library. You can see what directories and subdirectories a library needs by using the PROLIB -list command to view the contents of the library. See the Progress Client Deployment Guide for more details on the PROLIB utility.

Extracting source files from a procedure library involves running PROENV to set up your Progress environment, creating the directory structure for the files you want to extract, and running PROLIB.

Extracting Source Files from Procedure Libraries on UNIX Platforms
To extract p-wrk1.p from prodoc.pl, a procedure library, follow these steps at the UNIX system prompt:

Run the PROENV utility:

Running proenv sets the DLC environment variable to the directory where you installed Progress (by default, /usr/dlc). The proenv utility also adds the DLC environment variable to your PATH environment variable and adds the bin directory (PATH=%DLC%;%DLC%\bin;%PATH%).

At the proenv prompt, create the prodoc directory in your Progress working directory:

Create the proghand directory under prodoc:

To extract all examples in a procedure library directory, run the PROLIB utility:

PROLIB extracts all examples into prodoc\langref.

To extract one example, run PROLIB and specify the file that you want to extract as it is stored in the procedure library:

PROLIB extracts p-wrk-1.p into prodoc/proghand.

I don't see where it tells me how to actually load this program into the database. My question is how do I load the data that they are talking about.

stufine

I run this command:
prolib c:/dlc91cdb/src/prodoc.pl -extract c:/dlc91cdb/wrk/mytut

and I get this message:
No files match c:/dlc91cdb/wrk/mytut

What files are they looking for. I made the mytut directory like I was supposed to in the tutorial.

I am still lost!!?!!?