Truncate Custom DB

rajpingale

Process to shutdown truncate and start custom help and admin db's. Steps which i am following are as bellow:
Shutdown Help DB
Shutdown Admin DB
Shutdown Custom DB
Truncating BI of Custom DB
Starting Help DB
Starting Admin DB
Starting Custom DB.

Please suggest me whether i am following the right setps or not.

Actually i am getting error sometimes while starting the Help and Admin DB if i start it after Custom DB like, DB start in Single Mode and all.

Please help, It's urgent.

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
You might help us to help you by posting a bit more detail. The text of the error message that you are actually getting would be a good start.

comatt1

Process to shutdown truncate and start custom help and admin db's. Steps which i am following are as bellow:
Shutdown Help DB
Shutdown Admin DB
Shutdown Custom DB
Truncating BI of Custom DB
Starting Help DB
Starting Admin DB
Starting Custom DB.

Please suggest me whether i am following the right setps or not.

Actually i am getting error sometimes while starting the Help and Admin DB if i start it after Custom DB like, DB start in Single Mode and all.

Please help, It's urgent.

The phase talking about DB start in single mode and all doesn't make much sense to me.

Do you mean the will allow a single user connection, but not a multi-user?

Are there parameter files involved?

Why don't you truncate the BI on all databases?

palthe

Show us the script, if any, you are using. That would clear things up.

This does not make sense at all, really. The reason you would get an error about single use, is because you are truncating the BI of the custom db, which is a single use process. But you wouldn't get the error if you are starting another db other than the custom... weird.

And, the flipside of Tom's question, if you are not going to do anything with the help and admin db, why stop them? Just stop the custom, truncate the bi and kickstart it again.