"transport" problem

pablitopg

I have just started working with PROGRESS.
We have two servers, one with a DEVELOP environment + QUALITY environment and the other with PRODUCTION environment.
We have the following problem:

1.- we receive a .ADO from the consultors with a lot of modifications to copy into QUA

2.- that modifications work perfect in the DEV environment

3.- when we copy them into QUA, the modifications work perfect,...BUT suddenly other programs start failing and we have even lost some data !!!

Does anyone have a clue ??

Thanks in advance

I'm assuming that

1. All databases are identical

2. Your .ADO files contains data to be loaded

If you are getting Progress errors, then what are those errors and what are their error numbers?

If you get no Progress errors, but the data fails to load then why not take a look at the import procedure? Usually, when people write data importers, they create a log file into which error messages can be placed. Have you checked whether this log file exists? You could also look in the database logfile (.lg file) to see whether there's any errors listed here.

Beyond that, there are thousands of reasons why your application isn't working, so you'll need to be a bit more specific.

pablitopg

dataset import problem

I'll try to explain the situation again

We have two servers, one with the PRODUCTION environment and the other with the DEVELOPMENT and QUALITY environment.

We receive a .zip file from the consulting firm every now and then with many ".ado + .p + .w + .r + .i" files with new developments or corrections.

The problem is that this:
1.- we launch Dynamics Administration from the AppBuilder Tools menu and execute DATASET IMPORT FROM DEPLOYMENT

2.- we then fetch all .ado files with the updates/corrections and import them into the QUALITY environment

3.- When we test in the QUALITY env we can see that the corrections are made BUT the system starts behaving strange.
Random programs stop working,
Random data gets deleted,
etc etc...

Does anyone have a clue ?
Could it be that we are applying many patches alltogether ?
Could it be that there are different parameters between our system and the consulting firm's one ?

Thanks in advance

>1.- we launch Dynamics Administration from the AppBuilder Tools menu and execute DATASET IMPORT FROM DEPLOYMENT

There's no such feature on the AppBuilder Tools menu, as standard. What you are describing are things from a software application that you have and we don't. It sounds like this software was written just for your company.

I suggest that you get in touch with whoever wrote the software. They are probably the only people who could help.