Transaction in Webspeed.

rguerrer

Hi, everyone..

I have a quiestion, I hope you can help me.. in my app I started to see that in some periodos of time the agents from my webspeed broker stay in BUSY, i go to promon and checked the transactions and see it with flags BEGIN.

Is there a way to monitor or find what program in particular (.w or .p) was causing this or if I can find what program is using in that moment the agent I could check the code, I want to believe that maybe is a code issue because the logs doesnt show any abnormal, and if I checked the locks in promon doesn show that the agent is locking something.

Thanks a lot.

Have a nice day.

rstanciu

add this to the "ubroker.properties" webspeed configuration:
and will you got a lot of aditional informations on *.server.log

srvrLogThreshold=500000
srvrNumLogFiles=3
srvrLogAppend=0
srvrLoggingLevel=4
srvrLogEntryTypes=DB.Connects,FileID,4GLMessages,4GLTrace,QryInfo

lee.bourne

rstanciu's suggestion is definitely the best way to find the problem. A more crude way of achieving the same result would be to just kill the webspeed broker. 9 times out of 10 you'll find that the procedure that the broker was in when it was killed will be output in wsbroker.server.log

Another clue would be to work out which table is locked. Use option 4 in promon to find the table number that is locked then run FIND _File WHERE _file-num = tablenumber NO-LOCK. DISPLAY _file-name.