Too Many Connections to Progress DB from SQL Server

danieldunn10

Hi, I have successfully created in SQL Server Express a linked server to a Progress Database.

From the Linked Server I have created a view.

The problem I have found is that if I look at the view too many times there are too many connections and it throws this error:

OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MyLinkedServer" returned message "[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Driver's SQLSetConnectAttr failed.".
OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MyLinkedServer" returned message "[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Broker rejects connection.".
OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "MyLinkedServer" returned message "[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver]Optional feature not implemented.".

Is there a way to close the connection to the linked server so i dont have too many open connections?

Many Thanks

cj_brandt

I have not heard of that issue before. Does each read of the view produce a new connection to the database ?

Does this only happen when reading from the view or would it happen if you read from a table as well ?