Question TIFF Image

LBaliao

Hello.

I have a TIFF image with multiple value on its stripoffset and stripbytecount tags. I read this image into memory and write it to a PNG file. Then I add the PNG file to a PDF file. The problem is that the image look too compressed in the PDF file.

Should I convert the TIFF image's stripoffset and stripbytecount tags to a single value? I would appreciate to see a sample code.

Is there a way to save the TIFF image to a PNG in a way the PDF will not distort the image?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Liza

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
i don't know what software you're using to convert the image and create the pdf which are relevant

but docxfactory actually converts tiff images to png in the background and you can use it to create pdf's.

if you run into any problems with docxfactory, i could help you with that.

btw a new version will be out this weekend with support for charts, single xml and json merge procedure, support for multi-sections and more.

hth

LBaliao

Hi Joey. I will look into docxfactory. We have Imageman available to us so I ended up saving the TIFF image using Imageman and then adding it to my PDF. The converted TIFF from Imageman changed the StripOffset and StripByteCount tags from multiple values to single value.

Thank you for your input.

Liza

arronlee

Hi,
I am testing a
pdf to Tiff image conversion program. But I wonder do you have any experience about it? I want to look for a fine toolkit whose way of processing is simple and fast. Any suggetsion will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Lee

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
i'd recommend imagemagick for converting pdf's to images and any other image read, write operation

which is pretty much the industry standard and what i used for docxfactory as well as what progress themselves use

hth