Temp-Table Data Not Available

crjunk

In my WebSpeed application, I'm creating a temp-table and storing a large amount of data in it whenever a user goes between two specific screens.
Everything had been working correctly for a while now until today. The data is being written to the temp-table correctly.

When the user clicks the Submit button on the First Screen, I'm writing data to the temp-table and then sending the user to the Second screen.
For debugging purposes, I'm writing the data out to the browser on the second screen. The data from the temp-table is being written correctly on the second screen. When the user goes back to the first screen, the data is no longer in the temp-table.

Can someone give me some suggestions as to what might have been added or deleted from the program that would cause this?

Thanks,
CR Junk

crjunk

I finally figured out what was happening. The environment variable State_Aware_Enabled had been added to the progress explorer and set to NO. After removing this variable, the temp-table began to work correctly again.

Thanks,
CR Junk

escript

I'm glad you sorted out your problem, but I have a concern...

Are you forcing your agents to be State Aware in order to retain the contents of the temp-table? If so, this is a really bad idea and you should rethink.

Matt.

Casper

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
It would make much more sense if there was some kind of a session table to store the session information in. Maybe you can use raw fields to store the temp-table information in? (dunno how much information you got there).
License price isn't that low to make your agents state aware, I suppose....

Casper.