Answered Tabbing in and out of an updateable browse

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
If you tab into an updateable browse, pressing tab takes you through the active cells in the browse. That's really nice. The trouble I find though is that when you get to the last active cell in the browse the tab no longer works and you get stuck. The same is the case with shift-tab.
Is there any way of getting the UI to tab into the next widget in the tab order correctly?

Progress v11.1 on Win7.

Stefan

Which widget is the 'next widget'? You could debate if the next 'widget' is the first cell of the next row or something else.

I'm not quite sure what we do exactly, but generally we move focus to our 'add line' button when 'tabbing out' of the last cell of the last line.

Cringer

Staff member
That's essentially what I want it to do. I want to establish that we're at the last editable cell in the browse and then jump out of the browse into the next widget. Our users want to use a certain screen without touching the mouse.

Stefan

Short version: trap "TAB" on browse widget determine which widget should receive focus (are you on last row and last cell).

Long version: deal with all sorts of 'interesting' behavior regarding the order that events fire and which browse buffer row is available (our procedure that handles the tab event is approx 100 lines).

Cringer

Staff member
Ouch :( Might just give them an alternative key press to get out of the browse then ;)