Syteline ERP Progress Programming Assistance

craigh

Hi,
As an IT Manager I have inherited a Progress based Syteline ERP system.
Having been requested to provide a program to create Job operation records, and in the absence of an onsite programmer, I have attempted to write a program myself.

To summarize, I need to create an inspection operation following every paint shop operation, unless there are successive paint shop operations, in which case the inspection operation will follow the last of the paint shop operations.

The one problem I have is that where successive paint shop operations exist, I am creating an additional rogue inspection operation not linked to the job.

I would appreciate if anyone could point out the schoolboy error in the attached code...
I suspect some sort of looping error.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Kind regards

Craig

Attachments

• jobroute-create-v9.p
    7.4 KB · Views: 14

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Even better:
Code:
ASSIGN
  ws-oper-num = 0
  ws-next-oper = 0
  ws-new-oper = 0
  ws-jobroute-created = "N"

It's a small thing but grouping assignments in a single ASSIGN is more efficient from an r-code size and performance perspective.

craigh

Hi Tom,
Thanks for the advice.
I have developed the program slightly but at present have been unable to resolve some issues.
It is looking like I will have to run it in its present form and clear up any anonalies manually (there around 100 of them).
I have done Cobol programming in the distant past but not Progress.
Is there a Progress equivalent of the "Perform" command e.g. Perform get-next-job until end-of-job = "Y"?
Thanks in advance for any help or guidance.
Kind regards
Craig

TomBascom

Curmudgeon
Sorry, no habla COBOL.

But that sounds like a loop. Perhaps:

Code:
for each job no-lock where job.somefield = something:
  /* do stuff */
end.

is the sort of construct that you are looking for.

You might want to get some training. Or hire a mentor.