Suppressing pause within an output to statement

manujmathew

define stream tt.
output stream tt to a.csv keep-messages.
message "hi".
pause.
output stream tt close.

for the above query is it possible to suppress the pause directly from the output statement without altering the pause within the output statement.Even i want to keep the messages which should be directly written to output stream.When running the above query the message Press space bar to continue shouldn't appear.

joey.jeremiah

ProgressTalk Moderator
Staff member
batch clients (for example, _progres -b or mbpro) ignore pauses but not pause #n number of seconds.

so you could launch another batch client, maybe, pass parameters through the -param startup parameter.

but if its something really simple, for example, prodict/load_d.p pauses after load has completed.

and on windows, you could use win api's to synthesize a return key or something. even tough it's kind of hack'ish it's simple and solid.

i'd be interested to know what you're writing ?

manujmathew

Hi,Actually I'm trying to run programs using cron,but i'm not sure within the called programs how many pauses are there,since a large number of multiple programs are used ,its hard to track the pauses,so i'm trying to suppress the pauses within all the called program from the main program itself.Thanks for the reply.

batch clients (for example, _progres -b or mbpro) ignore pauses but not pause #n number of seconds.

so you could launch another batch client, maybe, pass parameters through the -param startup parameter.

but if its something really simple, for example, prodict/load_d.p pauses after load has completed.

and on windows, you could use win api's to synthesize a return key or something. even tough it's kind of hack'ish it's simple and solid.

i'd be interested to know what you're writing ?

bulklodd

i had to deal with the problem in my project and i found the following solution: i replaced all PAUSE with {pause.i}. you can do that easily enough using a good replacer tool. pause.i is an include file like this

Code:
if not session:batch-mode then pause.

hth