suggestion req. to choice my area in progress

jk.karthick

hai everybody,
i am the new user of this group. i am a fresher and now i am working in "Thirdware Business Solutions" who are supporting "Ford Technology services India".

my induction had been completed and first when i joined they said that i will working for "Development" team in progress but in the support team some of them left their job. so now they put me on "Support" team i.e. under QAD Helpdesk.

As i fresher i am not aware to choose which team. so could anyone help me in picking out the best for my carreer.

gcampbell

I'd let your manager know your intentions.

Support isn't the best job in the world, but it does offer you the opportunity to learn the product from a business (not programming) point of view. This can definitely aid in your future career.

If development is where you want to go (probably is, since developers typically get paid more than support personnel) then I'd spend x number of months in support (your compay may have a minimum or maximum - eg: our maximum is 1 year of support) and do as good a job as I possibly could. Ensure you meet the clients needs, respond promptly (as is possible), professionally and document well. The better you do this job the better of you are to move into other career options.

Just my 2 cents.

HTH,
Gordon