Sub Contracting

uddi88

Without implementing MANUFACTURING is it possible to load the subcontracting charges on to respective items.
I'll be booking Subcontracting PO's for the same.
I m trying this out with eB SP4.

Uddi

vini

Dear Uddi,

Create a PO and do a receipt of subcontracting item as Memo and charge it directly to consumption.

You don't require Manufacturing to be implemented.

Rgds

Vini

uddi88

Vini

Thanx a lot for the solution , though it came in a lill late but i reallly appreciate.
We were banging our heads all this while and finally this is what we decided to do.

Thanks & Regards

Uddi

madhavg7

Hi,
I would like to go for subcontracting process in MFG/PRO with the following process, can any one suggest how to proceed the subcontracting process as combination of Work order and repetitive schedule. The following is the brief process.
Sub contract..jpg

Madhavan

I will give you pointers.

Create PO with type "S" this will prompt WO/ID/OP
Create routings with Subcontract as Op and milestone yes
When the inventory is recd back from the sub contractor, the attached WO-OP is marked complete.
Ensure item master has sub contract GL cost set up.

TruongDoHoang

Dear Kishor,

I have this case in my site and we have done it in my site too, but to do the Subcontract, it needs WO ('cause the item after processed must be changed).
So if 1 item needs passing many subcontracts, the same number of (intermediate) Items must be maintained. Is it inevitable?

Hoang

I will give you pointers.

Create PO with type "S" this will prompt WO/ID/OP
Create routings with Subcontract as Op and milestone yes
When the inventory is recd back from the sub contractor, the attached WO-OP is marked complete.
Ensure item master has sub contract GL cost set up.