Stored procedure with PROGRESS DB

BONO

Hello,
Someone know if it's possible to use stored procedure on progress database, such MS SQL SERVER database with transact SQL stored procedure ?. I've seen in progress documentation, we can do that with a sql db and java stored procedure but i don't understand.
With a Progress DB if it's possible, how can i test it ?

Thanx

vinod_home

Progress supports Stored Procedures via the SQL92 engine, meaning it can call Stored Procedures that are defined in Oracle and such. The way it does that is the schema holder would have the Stored Procedure, I think in the SYSPROC tables.

But you cannot define Stored Procedure on a Progress Database.

BONO

Thank you for the information.
I've make some search but i didn't understood a progress schema with a data access layer part (http://psdn.progress.com/library/docs/oera2_businessentities_wp.pdf).

Figure 1: OpenEdge Reference Architecture Business Entities and Data Access Objects

Prodataset and data access object seems to have the abilities of stored procedure. Am i wrong ?

Some persons are using this architecture for more details ?

John Nebi

The Progress SQL 92 guide says you can create Java stored procedures. I know there is no such thing on the 4GL side, but if one uses the SQL engine, Vinod_home, your statement is incorrect.

vinod_home

Yes I guess I was wrong there, I think you can create Java procedures inside of SQL Explorer tool and that gets stored in SYSPROC tables.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Which question? Please don't wake up two year old threads. If you have a specific question you want answered, create a new thread for it.