[stackoverflow] [progress Openedge Abl] Where To Store Session Related Data On A Windows...

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Larry

I need to write a WinForms application that runs on a Windows 2012 R2. Multiple users will run it using Remote Desktop. Multiple users are allowed to log in using the same windows account.

I would like to store data within an user session context to share them with some other applications when they starts up. It would be nice if this data could be swept automatically as an user logs off. It could be a file or a temporary folder, or a registry entry.

Unfortunately, I have no clue about where to store such data : I know I can retrieve a user specific temporary folder, but because multiple users can log on using the same windows account, I would need something related to a user session.

Where can I store such session related data ?

Edit - At least, I managed to solve my problem the by taking Process.GetCurrentProcess().SessionId and use it to name a set of traditional temporary files. However, the question remains because I need to know if such a storage exists.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.