[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Talend ESB not using openedge datasource

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

ibrizida

I am trying to use Talend ESB to access a openedge database through a datasource, but the software is using the local connection configuration instead.

Our java is 1.8.0_275 so we must use the com.ddtek.jdbcx.openedge.OpenEdgeDataSource40 class. And the Talend ESB is the 7.3.1.

I made sure that in the tDBConnection object the "Specify a data source alias" was checked and the "Data source alias" was written in the text box.

tDBConnection object

Then I´ve built the job and uploaded it to the server, but instead of using the datasource (bellow) that is placed in the "deploy" folder of the container.

Code:
<blueprint xmlns="http://www.osgi.org/xmlns/blueprint/v1.0.0" xmlns:cm="http://aries.apache.org/blueprint/xmlns/blueprint-cm/v1.1.0">
<cm:property-placeholder persistent-id="org.talend.esb.datasource.progress" update-strategy="reload">
    <cm:default-properties>
        <cm:property name="datasource.url" value="jdbc:datadirect:openedge://sun02cpd:5019;DatabaseName=prv;defaultSchema=pub;User=***;Password=***" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.server" value="sun02cpd" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.port" value="5019" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.databaseName" value="prv" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.defaultSchema" value="pub" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.user" value="***" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.password" value="***" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.pool.maxActive" value="20" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.pool.maxIdle" value="5" />
        <cm:property name="datasource.pool.maxWait" value="-1" />
    </cm:default-properties>
</cm:property-placeholder>
<bean id="progressDataSource" class="com.ddtek.jdbcx.openedge.OpenEdgeDataSource40">
    <property name="serverName" value="${datasource.server}" />
    <property name="portNumber" value="${datasource.port}" />
    <property name="databaseName" value="${datasource.databaseName}" />
    <property name="defaultSchema" value="${datasource.defaultSchema}" />
    <property name="user" value="${datasource.user}" />
    <property name="password" value="${datasource.password}" />
</bean>
<bean id="dataSource"
    class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.datasources.SharedPoolDataSource" destroy-method="close">
    <property name="connectionPoolDataSource" ref="progressDataSource" />
    <property name="maxActive" value="${datasource.pool.maxActive}" />
    <property name="maxIdle" value="${datasource.pool.maxIdle}" />
    <property name="maxWait" value="${datasource.pool.maxWait}" />
</bean>
<service ref="dataSource" interface="javax.sql.DataSource">
    <service-properties>
        <entry key="org.talend.esb.datasource.name" value="ds-pgs_prv" />
        <entry key="osgi.jndi.service.name" value="jdbc/pgs_prv" />
    </service-properties>
</service>

The software is using the local connection configuration that uses another port. So it doesn´t use the correct database (QA), but the development database.

To make sure it was NOT using the data source, I removed it from the "deploy" folder of the container and redeployed the job and it worked. But using the local configuration, ergo, the wrong database port.

So I don´t know if the datasource configuration is wrong or if for openedge the Talend ESB software has a bug that does not recognize the data source.

When I put the data source configuration file in the "deploy" folder the log looks fine (I´v tried to put the log as a code section, sorry).

2021-06-24T10:53:14,884 - INFO - fileinstall-/opt/talend_esb/Runtime_ESBSE/container2/deploy - install.internal.Util$OsgiLogger 205 - 10 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.6.4 - Installing bundle datasource-pgs_prv.xml / 0.0.0 2021-06-24T10:53:14,946 - INFO - fileinstall-/opt/talend_esb/Runtime_ESBSE/container2/deploy - container.BlueprintContainerImpl 446 - 34 - org.apache.aries.blueprint.core - 1.10.2 - Blueprint bundle datasource-pgs_prv.xml/0.0.0 has been started 2021-06-24T10:53:14,948 - INFO - fileinstall-/opt/talend_esb/Runtime_ESBSE/container2/deploy - install.internal.Util$OsgiLogger 205 - 10 - org.apache.felix.fileinstall - 3.6.4 - Started bundle: blueprint:file:/opt/talend_esb/Runtime_ESBSE/container2/deploy/datasource-pgs_prv.xml

I hope someone knows how to solve this problem.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.