[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Sniffing internal activity - IPC or shared memory?

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Lotusmeristem

I have a Progress OpenEdge server, and I want to use a packet-analyzing tool we have to follow what users on the server are doing inside the database. I can see the HTTP traffic from the web management tool, I can see TCP traffic I run remotely, but OpenEdge has got a whole bunch of utilities that can be used for all kinds of administrative duties and are just not getting picked up.

I tried a test run with one of the utilities and recording it with tcpdump -i lo but I saw nothing. I tried netstat --unix -p and didn't see any PID advance every time I ran the same utility. I tried ipcs -pm while test running and saw the LPID change while a CPID stayed the same. So it looks like the same process is catching a shared memory space and attaching/detaching new processes to it. Possibly the process which runs the utility.

Could I have done something more to pin-point the process to shared memory? Is there possibly a chance that this is an IPC process instead?

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.