[Stackoverflow] [Progress OpenEdge ABL] Convert datetime (YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS) to decimal for openquery to progress database

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chris America

I am trying to convert the current date to a decimal number. The reason I want to get a decimal number is to convert that decimal number to a Julian date. Because of performance reasons I need to do this with an OPENQUERY. The linked database is a progress database.

Current situation:

SELECT * FROM OPENQUERY([MylinkedServerName],'select * FROM [databasetable] WHERE ord_LastUpdateTime > (CAST(CAST(GETUTCDATE() as datetime) as decimal(18,8) + 2415020.5)

This is the error: OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "[MylinkedServerName]" returned message "[DataDirect][ODBC Progress OpenEdge Wire Protocol driver][OPENEDGE]Syntax error in SQL statement at or about ") as datetime) AS DECIMAL(18,8)) + 24150" (10713)". Msg 7321, Level 16, State 2, Line 1 An error occurred while preparing the query "SELECT * FROM [databasetable] WHERE ord_LastUpdateTime > (CAST(CAST(GETUTCDATE() as datetime) AS DECIMAL(18,8)) + 2415020.5)" for execution against OLE DB provider "MSDASQL" for linked server "[MylinkedServerName]".

I hope you have enough information to help me.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.