SQL92 Error with Business Objects

r.mittal

Hi,

Well, to start with, my query is about Business Objects. I am having
Business Objects 6.5.1, PROGRESS 9.1D with MERANT 3.60 32-BIT Progress SQL92 v9.1D driver.

The problem is whenever I create any universe and connect it to a
progress database using the MERANT ODBC driver, it shows "Connection Established" and "Server is Responding". But, when I start creating classes and objects, and when I click on "Parse", it gives an error message "Parse failed: Exception DBD, [DataDirect-Technologies][ODBC PROGRESS Driver][PROGRESS]Access Denied(Authorisation
failed)(7512)State: S1000".

I have checked about this error in Business Objects' help but, to no avail.

Also, when I insert tables in the Universe Area, it shows two users
namely, "PUB" and "SYSPROGRESS". Please tell me from where have they come.

Please reply to this and help me ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

sarani

In the past, i have the same pbm.
I think in Progress, there are a 4GL broker when the database starts.

But BO work with SQL broker, so at the first connection of BO, it start a process names _sqlsrv in a port, by default 1030 or 1031 but you can see it in the .lg of your database.

Be sure too, that you add an sql user in the database with a password you will use in the ODBC.

Finally, i test ODBC drivers but i think MERANT is too slow, so use DataDirect.

Best regards.

Girish Girigowd

Well as somebody else pointed out have you started the SQL Broker, if so good. You can check this by doing a netstat or something similar in Unix to see what port the SQL broker is running. Next configure your system DSN to connect to that port with relevant username and pwd.
Test your connection if everything works fine - Go on to your IDE (Visual Studio etc..) and try to connect to the DB using the DSN. Make sure you save the user name and pwd.
As for the PUB schema area, all table for the SQL broker reside there so you may have to reference your tables as PUB.tablename and in some cases like VB it would be PUB."tablename". The sysprogess is a user to the progress DB. You can use it by default but be sure you have proper permissions on the user - security can be an issue. Good luck

Jamie

I know that this is an old thread, but I just ran into a similar issue. The permissions via Data Admin in Progress were set properly, but I had to also grant permissions through SQL via SQL explorer. The script is something similar to the following, where tablename and username are the table and user that you are working with:

grant select on pub."tablename" to username;
commit;

(note that the quotes are literal)

Hope that this helps others!