sod_project field added to Generalised codes,but not showing an error

sreekuax

Hi All,

I made a field sod_project inside 7.1.1 menu in eB2 as a generalized code field.
But the problem is :
Normally when you dont enter the value to a generalised field you will be popped up a message telling : 'ERROR: VALUE MUST EXIST IN GENERALIZED CODES. Please re-enter.'

But in this case the system is not showing the message even though sod_project is added under generalized code !!!

Any one has a solution please tell me asap.

sreekuax

Hello All,

I thought I have to create a lookup browse for this field ! Just now created one ..F2 is working in the field with new lookup values.. but still has no effect if left blank ... note : there is no blank value suggested to this field in gen.code maint.

aim : to get the display message ''ERROR: VALUE MUST EXIST IN GENERALIZED CODES. Please re-enter.'' if the field is left blank and try to F1 !!

Help me guyss :-(

I dont think in the program they are validating the field in Generalized code maint. Even though you specficy the value in the Gen code it will be not validated until the same thing is checked in the program. If you want this to be checked then you have write wrapper program

sanjus

1. How did you make it as a generalized code field?
2. Press Ctrl-F on sod_project field (on screen) & print the screen. Does it show Generalized Code?

Hi All,

I made a field sod_project inside 7.1.1 menu in eB2 as a generalized code field.

sreekuax

1. How did you make it as a generalized code field?
2. Press Ctrl-F on sod_project field (on screen) & print the screen. Does it show Generalized Code?

Hi Sanjus

I used 36.2.13 to add sod_project to Gen code maint and corresponding two non blank values.
Also created a browse for the same.
But as you told I see the difference of ctrl-F on the field. so_channel is also gen.code field but it says "Generalized Code Validation: Yes" while sod_project says "Generalized Code Validation: No" I am not sure how this is validated !!! I have attached the screen shots of both ctrl-F. so_chan.JPGsod_project.JPG

Please do help

sanjus

Do you have access to QAD KB? They have a documented solution on how to introduce generalized code validation on a field. It does need some schema changes.

However, why do you want to generalized codes on sod_project? Why not define projects in Project Master? sod_project is validated against project master.

Hi Sanjus

I used 36.2.13 to add sod_project to Gen code maint and corresponding two non blank values.
Also created a browse for the same.
But as you told I see the difference of ctrl-F on the field. so_channel is also gen.code field but it says "Generalized Code Validation: Yes" while sod_project says "Generalized Code Validation: No" I am not sure how this is validated !!! I have attached the screen shots of both ctrl-F. View attachment 796View attachment 797

Please do help