Site Slow

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Recently, the site has been very slow when first accessed. Today it is worse and everything is slow. Images are especially slow. Are we down to connecting with a 300 baud modem?

Site was down last two days for me.
Progresstalk has been a reliable source of information and i wonder if there are any securities on how long it will be available at all, fearing it might be gone some day just like this.

Site was down last two days for me.
Progresstalk has been a reliable source of information and i wonder if there are any securities on how long it will be available at all, fearing it might be gone some day just like this.
Hello,

Yes the site was unfortunately unexpectedly down for the last couple of days. I did an in-place OS upgrade (Ubuntu 24.04) and it somehow messed up my Grub configuration, making the server unbootable. I was able to mount the OS disk in recovery mode but had a heck of a time figuring out the issue. Since I was planning on moving to a new server due to the high costs of where I was (Microsoft Azure), I just jumped the gun and got a new VPS setup and transferred over all of the databases and sites.

ProgressTalk isn't something I have a lot of free time for, but I do intend on keeping it up and running as long as people find it useful.

Back