Answered Set up two SQL brokers

Chris Hughes

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Hi

Does anybody know if it is possible to define 2 separate broker configurations per one progress db (v10.2B)?

I want to serve them on different port numbers.

I've tried the following
4GL broker port 12000
SQL broker port 12010
SQLB broker port 12510

Openedge explorer tells me all the ports are active!

I can connect via 4GL and SQL but not SQLB.

I want to do this to give a harder degree of separation between a couple of apps we have - so they never clash, both apps have can have erratic behaviour connecting / disconnecting from the DB's

Any help would be much appreciated.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
It is possible to have multiple brokers defined for a single database. I can't advise what ports you have available or why your second broker is not being instantiated.

Check your database log for errors and check both your services file and your OS netstat output to determine whether your intended port is actually available. If not, pick one that is.

Chris Hughes

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Hi

Thanks for the reply, I'm glad at least this is possible.

Netstat shows the port is not used.

My .lg file does not show this starting.

Although I can stop and start my test database when I want, I'm thinking maybe I should restart the whole openedge explorer / admin service? - In which case I will have to wait until the weekend.

If anyone else has any tips I'm more than willing to listen.

Thanks

Chris

Chris Hughes

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Okay, I've added the same setting through the OpenEdge web interface and restarted - now it works!

I guess thats a slap on the wrist for manually adding connections to conmgr.properties text file.

Thanks

I would mark this as ANSWERED but i don't see how?