Session Kill

kunalpathak

Can anyone tell how to kill the running session in MFG Pro.

Scenerio is something like this.

User is working in MFGPro Purchase Order Maintenance (5.7) and he is the middle of editing the record and either machine gets hang or lights go off on tht pc so the user is starting again but unable to get into the same PO as it shows the PO is open by so and so user. Now how to kill this process from MFG Pro.

Right Now we do the complete database shutdown due to which all other users hav to stop their work in between.

can anyone help me get the way out killing the hang/absolute processes from the menu.

We are running MFG Pro eb2 on Progress 9.1 e

Thanks in Advance.

Kunal

ovf

Hi Kunal,

Typically you should get a message like: po_mster is locked by [userid], now you need to use the progress proshut command, use option 1 kill a userid, enter the [userid]. This should solve the issue.

Regards
Ole

Ramkumar V

Very Simple, run promon command & select shutdown option from that.
Once u know the user id u can kill that particular user.

Or I've a PROGRESS code which will disconnect that particular user logged from that PC. You can attach this pgm in ur menu. the user whose machine hanged up or down shud run this once(takes less tan a sec to execute). then it will clear that users session from MFG. If u want I can send u that pgm. mail me on tcsraam@gmail.com

Regards,
Ramkumar V

tburtovoy

I do this (on Windows)

Use following command (dlc,dlc/bin must be in OS PATH):

_mprshut dbname -N tcp -H servername -S servicename

..this will launch the commandline shutdown process, but you dont actually have to shutdown the database. It will display a list of users and will offer a disconnect option. Disconnect the user (by listed user#), then EXIT the utility. This may fail on Windows client/server if the user has open transactions, to which they should be told to reboot, but usually, a client reboot is not necessary. If you are not using client server but using a Telnet server, then this should be done on the Telnet server. Then..

inside QAD, clear the MON_MSTR record (which keeps a list of who's logged in) if its not been cleared already:

FOR EACH mon_mstr WHERE mon_userid = "username":
DELETE mon_mstr.
END.