Secret Server

ctoman

Ubuntu 18
OE 10.2b

Our infrastructure team upgraded Secret Server and now all the Progress command do not work from the command line, just hangs. Any thoughts.

We launch Putty from Secret Server.

Thanks in Advance.

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
I don't have any idea what "Secret Server" is or does, or where it runs in relation to your OpenEdge installation.

The first thing I would do is ask the infrastructure team about their fallback plan for the upgrade. They should execute it.

If they fall back to the previous version successfully (can they demonstrate that the fallback worked as intended?) and your OpenEdge commands start working again, then you have a problem with Secret Server, not OpenEdge. And that team needs to resolve it in a test environment and prove that the resolution works before they try to implement again.

If they fall back and things don't work again, you'll need to dig deeper into the chain of events that got you to where you are. Look at logs, process/procedure output, etc.

That's all I can suggest without having any specifics.

ctoman

Secret Server is a privileged access management solution that lets IT administrators and IT security professionals, secure privileges for services, applications, root and administrator accounts across the enterprise.

I already have engaged IG with this. Yes the problem is SS.

Thanks Rob!

Rob Fitzpatrick

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Sorry I can't help you further, but I'd say just follow basic change-management best practices.
  1. A and B worked.
  2. B changed.
  3. A stopped working.
There's a very good chance that the change in B broke A. So revert the change to B.

Don't let infrastructure tell you that it's a Progress problem.