SDO ERROR :- record has no-lock status ??????????????????

LINUS

Hi Friends,

I have a GUI(ADM2) maintainenace screen, where I am using SDO, toolbar and viewer. I am successfully able to create a new record. But when I am trying to update any field value in the existing record. I am getting error
** record has NO-LOCK status, update to field not allowed. (396)
Couldn't update field 'NameOfTheField' of target in a BUFFER-COPY statement. (5368)
Update cancelled.

I have no idea why I am getting this type of error?

Thanks!!!!!!!

RealHeavyDude

This seems rather odd except you have custom business logic that fires on update either in the SDO ( look out for internal procedures like beginTransactionValidate or endTransactionValidate ) or in a database trigger that tries to update the record fetched with NO-LOCK.

BTW, as you neither mention the version of Progress/OpenEdge nor the version of ADM2 you are running there is a slight chance that you might find this custom business logic in the so-called logic procedure which originally only were available in Dynamics but found their way back into the ADM2 around OE10.1a or so. If that's the case the names might differ ...

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

LINUS

Its openedge 10.1B. Yes there is some code in endTrasactionValidate. I will check again and let you know. Thanks a lot.