Same question again - Sorry

MSilva

Sorry for all.

My questions about ADM2 e WC still without answers...

Perhaps some of you can send your feelings....

What do you think about ADM2 and WC?

We're finishing a "peacefull" project using ADM2 and WC (our first one), where our schedule had a big overflow... Some simple programs spent 40 hours to be done (before ADM and ADM2, similar program could be coded in 8 hours!).

Now we're prospecting another one, but, We are seriously decided to change ADM2/WC to Webspeed...

Why ADM2/WC have such a poor productivity??? Maybe We're using it on the wrong way.... Why is so difficult to find out documentation? (have you seen the ADM2 reference?? no samples at all !)

Well, rigth to the point:
Who is using ADM2 and WC , and what sort of problems do they have? It would be a good choice to proceed in this environment?

Be conffortable to e-mail me whenever you want :

msilva@tkd-informatica.com.br

thanks

MSilva

U

Unregistered

You've already found out what many other people already have. ADM2 is very unproductive compared to regular code. It takes enourmous resources to learn and then it is still inefficient to program and slow to run. It's that way because it's far too complicated that need be, and has left overs of code when the 4GL did not have PUB/SUB and SUPER's.

We use WC all the time, and WebSpeed as well. But if we used ADM2 we would be out of business. Even after looking over the white papers from Progress and the John Johnson books. (which you have to have for ADM work)

MSilva

Thanks a lot Mr....

Unfortunatelly you've not registered yourself, but your post was very important for us.

The idea of using WC without ADM2 sounds good for us...

At first time , we developed some standard 4GL codes (connection , disconnection, remote execution of programs, etc...) thinking to use them to write our application , but after talking to Progress Consultants we changed our mind ... They said to use ADM2 .

Thanks

Mauricio Silva

PS: be confortable to email me directly if you have more comments : msilva@tkd-informatica.com.br
:)

U

Unregistered

There are 6000 active people on www.peg.com, there
are lucky to be 10 here. Why would I register here, and why would I need to?

Of course PSC consultants told you to do ADM2, it's all they know. If you don't do ADM2 they can make any money from you. Whether it works or will perform reasonably is neither here nor there. They have their own interests to look out for.