Sales Order Shipment - Qty to Ship

kishore

Hi,
I am facing a problem when doing a Sales Order Shipment. The UOM defined in Item master for the Item is "KG", the alternate UOM(Option 1.13) defined is "FI" with 0.5 as the UM conversion. The Sale Order is created with the alternate UM.
The Qty to ship is entered as 200 FI which means 100 Kgs. Stock on hand is 100 Kgs. In Sales Order Shipment - 7.9.15, at the time of confirming in the end, it throws an error "Overissue for this site/location not allowed". The inventory Status for the location is set as "no".
The error is only when the Qty in alternate UOM is more than the Base qrt (i,e the alternate UOM is less than 1, eben though after conversion the required qty in base UOM is available). Am using MFG/PRO eb release 1.
Can anyone pls. suggest how to tackle the issue.

Regards
Kishore

Ray Man

Are you sure that the alternative unit is set correctly? So it the alt um is 0,5 and not the double amount? If you are in doubt, check 3.18 to see if the required qty is std um is indeed what you expected.

kishore

Hi Ray,
I have re-checked the UOM setup & found my understanding of the conversion was wrong

The setup is
UOM - KG
Alternate UM - FI
UM Conversion - 0.5

I was under the impression that 1 KG = 0.5 FI, but the system calculates it as 1 FI = 0.5KG, which is why the error in shipment.

Thanks for your kind feedback.

Regards
Kishore