Run Progress 9.1D DATABASE

gabrielk10

Hi,
I'm trying to run a local database on Windows 7 , I've a batch file that contain this:

REM Script to start database server.

REM tokens:
REM &DLC = Progress Directory
REM &LOOP-DB-START = start of database loop
REM &LOOP-DB-END = end of database loop
REM &START-SERVER = command line to start current DB in database loop

SET DLC=C:\dlc91d
SET PATH=%PATH%;%DLC%
SET PROMSGS=%DLC%\promsgs
SET PROTERMCAP=%DLC%\protermcap

REM loop-db-start

%DLC%\bin\_mprosrv c:\dbname\dbname -L 8000 -c 350 -B 1000 -N tcp -S dbname -H ti -Ma 3 -Mpb 3 -Mn 3 -n 3
%DLC%\bin\_mprosrv c:\dbname\dbname -m3 -Ma 3 -Mpb 3 -L 8000 -N tcp -S dbnamesql -H ti

REM loop-db-end

With this batch file I can run the database on Windows XP and i can access by DSN, read table,insert data etc. but on Windows 7 sends a message when i execute the same batch file "Registry error 5: Could not create the 'DBName_PROGRESS' key for the Event Viewer. (5175)" and i cannot access to the database. Do you have any idea how can i solve this?.

vinod_home

Insufficient user rights. Search the progress knowledge base and it could give you a fix specific for Windows 7.

Code:
FIX:

These steps should be performed within the registry on the database server not the client machine, you must also have enough permissions to give more rights to users

1) In the error 5175, there is a Key that you need to remember before doing the next steps:

For Example:
Could not create key SPORTS for the Event Viewer (5175). The Key in
question is SPORTS for the above error.

2) Start the registry for NT (regedt32.exe) [Do not use regedit.exe]

3) Select the following Entries :

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
        SYSTEM
            CurrentControlSet
                Services
                    EventLog
                        Application
4) Select the Key you have from the error 5175 (for the above case, it is SPORTS).
5) Select Security Menu from Registry Editor.
6) Select Permissions option.
7) Add the USER in question or ALL
8) Select the Type of Access you want to give for the user.