Question Reverting To A Previous Version

Giovanna

Hi,

Is it possible to find out what version was previously in an environment.

I have built a release and imported the code from the import table - but I now need to reverse my changes, I want to find out what version was in the environment before I updated that program to my version so I can roll-back to that version.

Please help

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
I would suggest contacting RTB support directly. They are very good indeed.

TheMadDBA

You should be able to see the previous versions of the code by right clicking on the object and looking at the history. I am sure there are some API calls for this too but don't have RTB handy at the new job.

Once you have the right version you can assign the correct versions of the objects to that workspace.

Hi.

Hi,

Is it possible to find out what version was previously in an environment.

I have built a release and imported the code from the import table - but I now need to reverse my changes, I want to find out what version was in the environment before I updated that program to my version so I can roll-back to that version.

Please help

You didn't mention your Roundtable version, but you have a few options:

1. Delete and revert will put the previously assigned version back in the Workspace, or
2. If you created a release prior to importing (in the target), you can choose the 'Revert to Release' option which will put everything back as it was, or
3. Use the Event History window (or report) to find the previously assigned version(s), and manually assign as needed, or
4. Import the previous release from the source Workspace.

We recommend creating a release prior to importing when possible as this gives you a 'snapshot' of your environment that you can always refer back to.

Jeff