Resizing windows

palthe

Hi,

I've created a window with two frames, dividing the window into 2 halves, with on the left all the action objects, such as buttons and so on, and on the right the second frame is handling my browse.

Now, what I want to do is use the 'window-resized/maximized/minimized/restored'- events on the window.

I want to resize the frames accordingly to the the window resize. The width of the left frame stays the same, but height changes.
The right frame changes in width and height (so the browse expands in all ways).

This all seems to go very well. As long as I enlarge the window, nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen, the resize is done quite well.

But: if I shrink the window in any direction, I get those ugly scrollbars on the bottom or side of the window. Reason: the frames don't seem to shrink accordingly to the window-size, they stay as large as the maximum they have been resized.

Why? Is it because there are already objects in the frame, so the resize can not be done? Do I have to recreate the frame and objects on shrink?

jongpau

When you resize your window, you will have to resize the frames inside the window as well.. the scrollbars you see may either be on the window OR on the frame. If you already resize the frames on the window resized and window maximized etc events, then you probably have the scrollbars on the frames. In that case, make sure you set the "scrollable" attribute of the frames to NO (the appBuilder does not do this properly for you i have found). You can also have scrollbars on the window. In that case you may want to check whether the virtual-height and virtual-width have been set to the same size as your window's size.

All in all it is a bit messy to resize windows and their contents in Progress, but not un-doable.

Good luck,

Paul

palthe

thanks for the reply.

I did (in my humble opinion of course ;)) resize my frames, but the scrollable attribute is new to me.
I will try it in the morning.

I have set all the triggers to persistent run a procedure in which I resize all the objects, including frames. It just seems like the frames are not resized at all.