qxoevent.p?

Just4known

hi all,
i am facing new problem that while doing transactions its terminating by showing message as
"qxoevent.p was not found. (293)"
how to overcome this problem.
thanks in advance.

Cringer

ProgressTalk.com Moderator
Staff member
What is qxoevent.p? Is it maybe set as a write trigger for the table you're trying to update in the transaction? If so, it can't find the trigger so the update fails.

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Some part of your application wants that program and can't find it. Do you have such a program anywhere on your system? Is it in the PROPATH? Is it buried in a procedure library somewhere?

4GLNewbie

Contact who wrote the application that causes the problem and ask them to send it to you. Or ask them to explain what it means.

sivakiran

thanks for reply,
that file is not available in database how to find that developer?
its just throwing error and terminating.

4GLNewbie

Excuse me, but it seems to me that i have not explained myself clearly. I dont think it's a db issue..
Can u just try to install again everything ( the db ) in a different server/pc and try if it happens with an empty db when doing transactions?

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
Why would you expect a .p to be in a database? On disk? In a .pl file? But, unlikely to be in the database itself.

But, as suggested, the short cut here would seem to be to contact the vendor and have them point to where it should be found.

Just4known

hi fnds i found
solution for the error "qxoevent.p"
please go through this....

In MFG/PRO eB2.1 and QAD 2007, if you run Trade Management (TrM) and QXtend 1.4, the Invoice Post program may fail with a Mismatched number of params error. TrM contains a version of soivpst1.p, which contains an in-line trigger. This trigger code has been modified in QXtend version 1.4 to also pass in the OID when writing the event in qxoevent.p. Since TrM has the old version of the in-line trigger, this error may result. A similar problem may occur with
any other bolt-on product that modifies any of the following programs:

•pppsmt01.p
•ppptmtb.p
•rcctwba1.p
•rcsomt.p
•soivpst1.p
•sosomt1.p

To resolve this issue, the TrM version should be modified to also pass the OID. This ensures that the TrM-specific logic is not being overwritten by the QXtend 1.4 version of the file (which is a copy of the MFG/PRO baseline version).

but i unable to understand please give me explanation for it....!!

tamhas

ProgressTalk.com Sponsor
As this is an MFG/Pro question, ask it on the MFG/Pro forum. Anything vendor-specific belongs on the vendor-specific forum unless it turns into a new programming task.

Apart from asking in the right part of the forum, the question has already been answered.

qxoevent.p is not in the propath when the error is thrown- the 'solution' you have just posted is not relavent (as it reads) to the problem you posted.

It sounds very much like the administrator of your application has misapplied an update.

Additionally, please edit your post to show text only (remove the invisible QAD links) - I'm being asked to log into QAD when I refresh this page in Opera!

Or at least post your username and password so I can see if I can download anything free.