Proxygen relative path V10.1C

Elod

Does anyone know a way to use relative paths in the xpxg files?

I found some info that in 10.1 one cannot use relative paths, is that statement true, is there any work-around?
I've tried using relative paths to <ProPath> but no use, it does not generate the classes.

Thanks in advance.

Specify path in AppObject:propath Components
Then just add procedures and use Customize Option if need to correct relative path

Elod

I want to have "AppObject:propath Components" relative.

I've tried editing the XML and putting a relative <ProPath> but it does not work.

Any workaround?

actually appobject:propath components isnot used in web services for example

When you deploy package you specigy appserver port and with appserver properties you specify work path
Appserver work path + relative pathes of registered procedures are used to find a code to execute

RealHeavyDude

Don't get mad at me but I don't understand the need of having relative PROPATH components in ProxyGen.

• What is it that you try to achieve with that?
  • Do you have any particular issue?

Heavy Regards, RealHeavyDude.

Elod

Well, building a local environment for multiple OpenEdge Projects, kept on SVN.
We have ported the projects from Unix, and we are far in this subject, but there are small details needed to be addressed if possible.

I'm trying to make things independent of paths.

If i got you right you it is not possible to change path at runtime
When I deploy some logic to few db I create few web services/appservers and to every db I specify work path with appserver properties.

Elod

No, not at runtime.

I just want to make the config files for the Proxygen to use relative paths, then Ant is taking over generating the proper stubs.

RealHeavyDude

You will always have at least one absolute PATH in your project - if that changes you must change the PATH too. For a Progress session this could be the working directory. But AFAIK there is no such thing as a working directory in ProxyGen - it will always use the absolute PATH in the PROPATH components. I always use the path to the workspace as the only absolute path in my environments ...

HTH, RealHeavyDude.

Elod

Well, right now the only absolute path in the whole project is the DLC windows system variable pointing to a Progress version. All the other files, db's, bat's are relative to the workspace. Only this Proxygen seems to be hard coded for now.